Spiritual Guards VS Community Policing

      Spiritual Guards  VS  Community Policing

I was out of circulation for many years till middle of March 2020. I was on war with my captors.


War?

Yes, physical and spiritual war for years that I  naturally, I learned how to be alert a little.

During those alert years, I learnt that, the officers that wore black or light green uniforms in the day without gun, wears carton coloured ones in spirit carrying long guns. For years, it was so.


So, I came to believe that there must be outfit like that existing. I noticed that it isn’t necessarily those on day duty automatically turned into spiritual duty set. I seen some that were not on duty and faces I don’t even know on spiritual duty.

When I came back here,   it was in covid-19 midst, Isolation and quarantine.

I got stranded in Lagos. For three months,  I was subjected to lockdown, social distancing, mask wearing, Etc.

Not long after those limiting measures which actually, I didn’t feel much considering where I from then. Not long after relaxing the lockdown, youths came with their endsars demonstration That got me wondering.


I suspect that when youths are angry to that extent, it means that their leaders weren’t performing. But alas, I was wrong, they just took leaf from their master and opted for guns. Killed some, others ran away. They went ahead to make some to disappear, some are still on the run till date. The leaders said; someone wanted to break up the country. 

Later, it was the overhauling of the service chiefs and not police the youths were clamouring for. Plans they riled out for the youths to mellow them down and their stated desire to meet those plans, government continued to demur on action in comprehensive implementation of the plans. Kidnapping, brutality, extortion, robbery, scam, blackmail and intimidation continued to lucrative business.


Then, I began to hear about community policing and begin to witness them in action in my life.


I was ignorance of the fact that I had became an odd man out,  I was in thick of things in prison, I never witness anything like madness am witnessing here. They called it community policing, it operations were like that of Boko Haram terrorists. When they began to duplicate exactly all the events that took place in prison, you will know who your enemies are and where my country was anchored.

Is there not anything like civility in them?, Must they invade another man’s privacy?. When they started changing duty in my room, what I suspected early were confirmed. I came from where they packed about ten people in a room till the number diminished to five. Some important or inquisitive minds will peep in to remains you that they following. Religious sects, government ministers, former inmates, police, foreigners. One day, two Chinese ladies, I don’t even see them walk in, till about three women started rushing out from the next room to mine pointing backwards to me them the two girls came out carrying Harper basket. ‘What was inside it, I don’t know?  or cared'. Go to someone to do something, within two days, he or she would hang up there in my room observing you.


Officers set-up camp physically in the building adjecent mine to monitor me in the night. And troop in at times spiritually to view situations. If you add birds to the monitoring, physical following by the police civilian informers, their reactions, you would have gathered enough to rest you’re your case on community policing.


I was born, schooled and matured here, so, I know that our society is not advance in anyway, especially their reasoning ability. The forces that invaded us was angry, self justifying, impatient, wicked Etc.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Do Happen When Push Comes To Shove

Optimal Name Madness